I – Our translation agency will take care of the writing and translation of your various documents
It is no longer necessary to go through communication agencies in order to write the content of a company. The translation agency Swisstranslate can handle all your needs, writing and translating in over 40 languages.
Writing professional communication documents is subject to several rules. A memo, an assignment report or a sales proposal, etc. are not written in the same way. Addressing colleagues in a company or attracting a market requires a type of writing and therefore a rigour that is specific to each type of medium.
So how does Swisstranslate write your professional business documents?
II – The writing process
When you request a document to be written by our agency, a precise and methodical process is applied in order to understand your expectations, requirements and preferences. This process is carried out in 10 steps, which we will present to you below:
1. Understanding your world and your target
When requesting a copywriting assignment, we will make an appointment with you to understand your needs and expectations. Writing professional documents is a serious matter that requires trust and method between the two parties.
During this meeting, we will ask you about
– The type of company (communication agency, technical company)
– The main competitors
– The points of difference with the competition (what you like and don’t like about them)
– The brand image you want to give
– Your target audience
– The purpose of the document
– If your company is trying to respond to a client issue
– The expected customer experience when reading the document,
– Main call to action: what should your audience do after reading it?
– Evidence and testimonials, examples of what you have written in the past,
– Where to find relevant information about your company
– Potential objections (What elements of your products or services might make your target audience hesitate to engage with you. For example, concerns about price, quality, etc.)
– Your new project
– Desired volume of writing/size of the article
– The points that absolutely must be included
– Do we have to comply with SEO rules?
– Various constraints – maximum number of characters, vocabulary to be used, length of text
– Desired language(s)
– Additional information
Depending on the answers, the translation agency’s production department will assess the time required, the technical nature of the text, your requirements, the type of writing, etc. This enables us to target your request as closely as possible, in order to provide you with an appropriate rate and a deadline for the translation.
Each project is tailor-made, and therefore adapted to each request.
2. Working closely with the client to understand their needs
Once the quote has been validated, we will select the specialist writer who best suits your project: a technical writer to write product sheets or a writer specialising in writing press releases will not produce the same type of content, for example. Then the writing work begins, with back and forth between you and our writer, as this requires close collaboration to respect your communication style, terminology, etc.
Depending on the project, a videoconference or meeting can be organised to exchange ideas between the writer, a member of our team and yourself.
A first draft of 300 words will then be sent to you so that you can find the style that best suits your company.
Following this draft, we can adjust our work, and continue with the content writing.
3. Find a relevant and catchy title
Following all the information and requirements given and methodically acquired earlier, our writer starts by finding a relevant and catchy title for your documents. Even though every writer has his or her own writing style, we make sure that it fits your style of document to be written (brochure, press article, internal communication document, etc.).
4. Structuring the content with a plan
We then draw up a precise, funnel-shaped drafting plan to sort out the information in such a way as to best capture the attention of the future reader.
5. Captivate the reader from the introduction
An eye-catching, relevant introduction will be written, making use of current facts, figures and relevant data. Our writers, with more than 10 years of experience, do not only use the documents provided, but also do real research in order to better understand your needs and to produce the most attractive and professional content.
6. Start writing
Once all the preparatory stages have been completed, the writer will start writing, respecting all the reference documents and information provided.
This strategic work will end with a thorough proofreading of the drafted document and a final check that it meets the client’s expectations.
The drafted document will then be sent to the client within the established deadline.
10. Working on the layout
In a translation agency, the editorial work delivered to you will not only include the body of the text, but also its formatting, harmonious and relevant to the type of document.
If you wish, we can also take care of the layout of the InDesign document, integrate it into your website, or translate it to send a newsletter in several languages.
Thanks to a detailed questionnaire, a precise methodology and close collaboration, our Swisstranslate agency is able to write all your documents.
From the thought process to the writing, translation and layout, we can guarantee you a quality job with complete confidence.
Our team will be happy to answer your questions about writing!